I know it sounds trite, but I got to marry my best friend, my perfect half - and he was cute too! (It's not just me because I've had other women stop and tell me he's handsome.)
I didn't know it at the time but our relationship would weave into a tight and sturdy fabric based on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work...
I loved that my dress was simple, nothing too over the top and puffy - no bad use of satin and tulle, I still like it today - although I guess every bride would say that! My wedding and reception was the same...simple and easy. (Maybe not for my Mom though!)
I loved that it was a warm August evening. The day's warmth passing into the evening to make it perfect. The profusion of flowers blooming abundantly in the warmth of late summer. We had a simple dinner following the ceremony, the food fit the warm summer evening. The Reception was a dessert bar with lots of yummy sweets to indulge in.
.bmp)
That we weren't stuck in a line the whole time, we could mingle and talk with people. Here I stole away to talk with some of my best friends from high school, Suzy and prego Shandee. I don't know what Jessica was up to - but we got a good laugh from it!

Little girls treated you and looked at you like you were royalty.

We spent this day with many loved ones and friends who have passed on and I love thinking about the day shared with those whom I miss so dearly. It was a day spent celebrating our families and the formation of a new one. What could be better?
I'm sure everyone looks back at their own wedding day with the same fondness, but I just thought my day was perfect, and it was for us.


7 comments:
It does look like the perfect day. Maybe its because you read so many books and I know about your secret dream of being an author, but you really do make your words flow so perfect, describing each moment so elegantly. I love weddings. I never knew your stake president was able to do both your ceremony's. I bet there are very few that could say the same.
What a beautiful post Ashley. Thank you for sharing this. Tell McCall happy birthday from all of us. There is nothing like the birth of your first child. Amazing.
Love ya,
Julie
Perfect and beautiful. Is the Jessica you are talking abut my sister in-law. I know you knew her. She has been diagnosed with breast cancer. She also found out that she is 12 weeks pregnant. What a crazy turn of events. We are fasting for her on October 5. Her surgery is on the 7th.
I love your flashbacks; you and Amy are so cute to share your memories and flashbacks with all of us. I'd be so embarrassed of ours (you know, mullets, the whole 80's thing).
Thanks so much for all of your thought, love, prayers, etc. for Tiff and Coby. I know they feel it, and it's just really helping them get through this tragedy. You're just a sweetheart.
Hope to see you all soon.
You were like me...I loved the simple dress and reception with the flowers. I too was married in Aug. I'm finding it is a very popular month! You look beautiful but then again you usually do!
You are such a good writer Ashley. I love reading what you write. It's always so thoughtful. My wedding day came a lot later than I had anticipated but when it did come it was the perfect guy at the perfect time.
Those pictures are so fun to see! I love your flash back Friday!!! You looked so pretty on your wedding day! Where was I????
Post a Comment