I started this back in 2001... (click on picture to enlarge &; read schedule better)... each weekday I have a few items that I complete to maintain the household cleaning. Some weeks it doesn't work and I need to do a one day mass cleaning... sometimes I have to skip a day because of other things going on. When that happens I can usually re-arrange something that doesn't need cleaning as badly for something that needs more urgent attention. This has been helpful to know what needs to be done each morning so I don't have to write a list each day or plan cleaning each week.
I have my schedule on the side of my fridge, it could be taped inside a cupboard -- whatever! I also list out what I do in the room so I have specifics to follow -- which may seem stupid but at first it was helpful... now I know it all so well I don't really need it. On Friday's I rotate deeper cleaning jobs that need to be done once a month or less. Windows could go more than once a month so I might rotate cleaning the garage up, food storage, cleaning the kitchen catch all drawer... whatever might need to be done.
Now the kids can help with things too... McCall knows every Monday she and Elizabeth empty trash cans before our trash day on Tuesday... McCall also brings the big trash cans in on her way to school on Tuesday (We have an early route)... They also love to dust with the swifter duster things... On Wednesday's I remind the girls when they wake up not to make the bed and they strip the sheets for me and take them to the laundry room...
The only thing I might change is to throw in is some time for weeding, mowing. I'd probably be better at staying on top of my flower beds if I set aside sometime each week for weeding beds and planters... but our landscaping is pretty under control so it's usually not a big deal. (You've got to love PREEN!)
1 comment:
Thanks...it gave me great ideas for me and for my children. Won't they be excited!!!
Post a Comment