Sunday found me at home with Estelle and Claire (Claire had a slight runny nose and cough). So, while Erik, McCall and Elizabeth were at church I made one of our favorite soups with some home made bread.The soup is almost completely made from things from our garden, excluding the chicken bullion, onion and garlic. (Some day I'm going to try growing garlic and onions -- maybe next year.)
I thought I'd share these delicious recipes...
Healthy Soup (From Sister-in-law Cheryl)
1 c. onions, diced
8 garlic cloves, minced
8 chicken bullion, or packets (dry)
6 c. zucchini, thinly sliced
2 c. carrots, thinly sliced
2 c. chopped tomato (or canned diced)
4 tsp. parsley
1 tsp. basil
1/4 tsp. ground pepper
Combine onion, garlic, and bullion (pound bullion to make crumble). (I add tbsp. olive oil which Cheryl does not which is why I've renamed it from very healthy soup to healthy soup!!) Saute until onions are translucent. Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Cover and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes. Add 8 cups of water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook until veggies are soft, about 20-30 minutes. Using a slotted spoon remove 2 cups of veggies from pot and reserve. In blender puree remaining soup (I just use an immersion blender right in the pot). Return vegetables to pot with puree and heat.
Julie's Whole Wheat/White Bread (From Sister-in-law Julie)
1 1/2 c. warm water
1 Tbsp. yeast
3 1/2 c. white flour (2c. ww and 1 1/2 white flour)
1 Tbsp. oil
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 c. honey
Mix water and yeast in a small bowl or measuring cup and set aside. Add flour, salt, oil and honey and combine in mixer with kneader attachment. When yeast mixture has foamed add to flour mixture. Combine in mixture until well mixed. Check the dough, if it seems to sticky add a little more flour and combine. Shape dough into a loaf and place in a greased loaf pan. Let rise for about 20 minutes. Bake at 350 degree's for 30-35 minutes.
Enjoy these yummy recipes!
1 comment:
Wow....that looks soo good I want to make it right now! You are a little homemaker, Ashley!
Post a Comment