As I was looking at some old photos I needed to transfer off my camera I noticed these from the Hidden Cove House. Every time I made rolls the girls just have to have a little ball of dough for their own use and enjoyment.
Since moving from the Hidden Cove Home into the rental around the corner, I have NOT made rolls. One reason is rolls get very personal with your counters, sort of like pie dough (which I also have not made since moving), and most especially pizza dough. There is nothing as personal as that of pizza dough and a counter. All that kneading, pressing palms into that dough as it presses and forces itself into the counter.
I had white Corian counters before. They were a pain and a blessing.
They force one to be clean.
Like OCD clean.
They force one to be clean.
Like OCD clean.
At the rental we have laminate counters. Had the laminate been mine from the beginning there would be no problem.
But... I... just... cannot... get... past... the... dirt... from... other... people.
The counters have been steam cleaned, I have scrubbed them down but for some reason I just cannot bring myself to knead or roll out dough on them.
But... I... just... cannot... get... past... the... dirt... from... other... people.
The counters have been steam cleaned, I have scrubbed them down but for some reason I just cannot bring myself to knead or roll out dough on them.
The poor girls I'm sure are missing their dough time.
Just one more reason I am so very excited to get into our own home again!
No comments:
Post a Comment