Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Merry Christmas

I have been so busy getting settled and then with the holiday season I just have had no time to blog!

I am so excited to blog this but I couldn't do it until after Christmas...

Each year I change the way my girls exchange gifts. I have these little Christmas bucks I designed and printed on card stock and when they do something good or do an extra job or two, they earn a buck. then when it is time to go shopping they get to roll over that money into actual dollars to purchase gifts for the family.

(please insert some teeth on Elizabeth - poor kid has lost them all in front!)

This year I decided, MUCH to late in the season, to have the girls hand make their gifts to one another. It sounded great, but I realized as I tried to execute this that it took a LOT more involvement from me. 

Which was OK! 
We had a lot of fun working together on these projects.

I gave some help but I really tried to have the girls do the work on their own as much as I could

Look at how cute these turned out.

Stella made this for Elizabeth...


Claire made this for McCall...


Elizabeth made this for Claire...
(I sewed the stamps and velcro on - but Elizabeth is pretty good on the sewing machine. It would be cute to have three lines on the address but I just didn't have any more patience to watch her do the third line.)


And the cutest thing ever...

McCall made this for Stella from wool felt...


(I helped stitch alongside McCall in the interest of time...and I ended up taking over stitching the hair on.)

 So darn cute! 

We had the best Christmas! 
I hope you all had a lovely day too!

 XXX

No comments: