Elizabeth truly loves going to school. She gets so excited as we prepare. Most morning's I walk her to the stairs, I let go of her hand and she counts the ten steps going down to Amber's preschool. One day as I watched above from the railing, I saw her enter the classroom door, strike a pose and wait for a response from the teacher and students. "Hi Elizabeth!" from the students, "There's Elizabeth!" from Ms. Amber. She is the same way in nursery, and especially with her sweet leader Rachel. When she sees Rachel, she tilts her head, poses, smiles and ever faithful Rachel smiles, laughs her cute little laugh and says in a delighted voice "Hi Elizabeth!" I love that leaders and teachers delight in making children feel loved and special.
Everyday when Elizabeth returns from preschool we have the same procedure. It is constant and doesn't vary. We walk in... I ask her to tell me what sort of things they learned about... Elizabeth says robotic like "I don't know," then bright eyed she continues "do you wanna see what's in my backpack?" Of coarse I'm just dying to, so she meticulously locates the zipper pull, watches me for confirmation that I am all eyes, and slowly with those little hands I love, unzips her backpack, reaches in... still watching me for reaction... to reveal her school treasures. We discuss the items, and set them aside for dad to generally look at before recycling.
Oh... I love that pink little backpack!
2 comments:
So sweet! We love to look through back packs at our house too.
Such personality she has! You can tell as she poses with her pink little backpack. She's a doll.
Post a Comment