
When I awoke and glanced out the front window in the soft morning light, seeing our flag and it's bright red, white and blue, waving in the wind, I almost was brought to tears thinking about this great nation, the privilege we have, the gift and right to vote on this cold Tuesday in November. I have great pride in our flag.
I have knots in my stomach - some anxiety over the outcome - I'm not sure I want to turn on the TV this evening. Yet, I also have faith that our nation is made up of people, a majority of whom have good hearts and good morals. I know we can work through whatever changes lie in wait for us, and changes will come regardless.
To really fix the problems facing this nation, it is going to take time, patience, and sacrifice. These are all things I am hopeful the American people can make. Yet, part of the problems we are facing now stem from people not practising these virtues. So many want a quick fix, an easy solution... and I just don't think there is one. I think a strong nation is based on self-reliant people. And I hope our people will become that way, not reliant on the government.
I love our flag. It is beautiful. People of old and everyday since have given there lives to defend it and what it stands for. Our flag stands for a nation built for the people and under God. What could be more promising? I am so thankful for a Prophet, a living, breathing, speaks with God, prophet. I know this. I know this as certain as anything. I am so thankful for the counsel given to those who are willing to listen. Despite all the worries I have felt today over the future of my family and nation, there is peace and comfort. I found it from this talk from our recent conference, it brought peace and comfort to me then, and it did again today... I think you will find it too...
http://www.lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,23-1-947-10,00.html
I have knots in my stomach - some anxiety over the outcome - I'm not sure I want to turn on the TV this evening. Yet, I also have faith that our nation is made up of people, a majority of whom have good hearts and good morals. I know we can work through whatever changes lie in wait for us, and changes will come regardless.
To really fix the problems facing this nation, it is going to take time, patience, and sacrifice. These are all things I am hopeful the American people can make. Yet, part of the problems we are facing now stem from people not practising these virtues. So many want a quick fix, an easy solution... and I just don't think there is one. I think a strong nation is based on self-reliant people. And I hope our people will become that way, not reliant on the government.
I love our flag. It is beautiful. People of old and everyday since have given there lives to defend it and what it stands for. Our flag stands for a nation built for the people and under God. What could be more promising? I am so thankful for a Prophet, a living, breathing, speaks with God, prophet. I know this. I know this as certain as anything. I am so thankful for the counsel given to those who are willing to listen. Despite all the worries I have felt today over the future of my family and nation, there is peace and comfort. I found it from this talk from our recent conference, it brought peace and comfort to me then, and it did again today... I think you will find it too...
http://www.lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,23-1-947-10,00.html
1 comment:
Me too! I only waited 5 minutes to vote today. I tried to vote early but the line was extrememly long and thought I would take my chances today. I'm so glad I did!
Post a Comment