
So I thought today I would share my pack with you. Underneath a bench seat in my Yukon I have a small size backpack which I picked up on sale at Target for a couple of dollars. It is my emergency kit.
In it I have...
- 4 water bottles
- zip lock with two diapers and wipes for baby
- change of underwear for each child
- change of pants for the little ones(soft knit pants you can pick up at Target for $4)
- change of socks for the little ones
- (when I have a baby I have a knit one piece out fit)
- (when I have a baby I have bottle/2 sticks of formula - the ones you get free at the hospital and a small thing of baby food/spoon)
- 3 Hard granola bars(chewy have to be replaced more often)
- 3 Fruit snacks (they will melt sometimes in hot weather)
- Collection of Suckers and smarties (they last forever in there)
- Sippy cup for those who can't drink well from a water bottle
- Lemonade packs(the ones you dump into a water bottle)
- Couple band aids
- Small notebook with small pack of crayons
- small toy/doll
- $5-20 cash
- small blanket rolled up
All of these items are stuffed in this bag. The diapers and small thing of wipes are in a zip lock pressed tight, along with another zip lock pressed as air tight as I can with the clothes/underwear/socks in it.
I keep this bag shoved under a seat so it isn't in the way. Under the seat next to the pack, I also have a fleece blanket we picked up on one of our ER visits with Elizabeth, which is rolled up and stored.
We also carry in the back of the car a large picnic blanket which is super compact, small fire extinguisher, a full size emergency kit, which I added bug spray and sunscreen to the kit, rain poncho, along with a few other things.
In the middle console I always carry anti bacteria wipes, napkins, a few snacks/treats, flashlight and our collection of sunglasses.
When I pull something out from my pack I always try to replace it immediately and take that time to update as needed.
So this is my bag, and it has come in so handy. I try not to count on it but if I am in a total hurry to get someone to dance I know it is there. When I grab the diaper bag and it only has 1 diaper in it or it's missing a sippy cup, I know I always have backup. I don't get stuck because someone peed there pants or spilled, and I have to leave or run to a store. And if we are stuck in traffic and kids get anxious, if there is nothing else, I have the bag with water and snacks to calm them down. If I made it out the door without my purse I have backup $$ if I really need to stop at a store or get fuel.
I just thought I'd share my pack, it helps make me calm and I always feel somewhat prepared.
2 comments:
Thanks for sharing...something I need to have...I do have a small supply of hard candy because of Cole and a couple of blankets in the back
Now that's a great idea. I just might have to copy that and keep a pack in the car for a rainy day.
Post a Comment