I love words. I love the way they can create an emotion, stir up your senses, and help instantly visualize something. I love the way certain words roll of the tongue. Some words are beautiful and fluid others are hard and blunt.
FETID (FET-id) adjective
Definition: having a bad smell, stinking
Used in a sentence: The sippy cup of milk, found under the car seat, was opened up to reveal it's fetid contents.
Fetid is such a strong word. It's blunt, sharp, and direct. It conjures images of decay and rot. It so powerfully creates, in that one 5 letter word, a sense of retched, putrid stink.
I knew beets made you go to the bathroom in pink, a trick that works wonders in getting my girls to eat grilled beets.
But it wasn't until book club last month that I learned that...Asparagus gives you fetid urine.
All these years of eating asparagus, feeding it to my family, I never knew this.
How, you wonder, did you learn at BOOK CLUB that asparagus makes you have fetid urine?
Honestly, I don't know.
I think when you have 9 ladies together it is hard to trace a conversation back to it's origins but it sure is interesting.
No comments:
Post a Comment