Friday, April 6, 2012

Do you Houzz?

Today I will share a terrible, horrible website called Houzz. Many of you may have heard about it before but if you haven't I will explain.

I came across this site a while back. It's basically pinterest for home architecture and interior design.

It is like a catalog of all your favorite photos from home magazines in ONE SPOT!

You search by category...

"Kitchens"

















You can search by a few specific words...

"Coffered Ceiling"

















At the home page you can search a self forwarded slide show of recently posted pictures and get all kinds of random coolness...

You can create an account and make your own ideabooks.

You can tag your pictures with little green labels so as you scroll across the picture you can see notes like...

Tag: Like steps to drop to another level in the back yard. Love the fireplace outside. Can we afford that?



















I created this blog with some of my idea book photos to help us and contractors with building the new house...

To help them and drive them crazy with all my specific ideas. I'm sure they would prefer an... "I like white kitchen cabinets" but no...

I have an idea book with 78 kitchen photos with a handful of specific ideas and likes. "I want cabinets to go all the way up to the ceiling so the dust doesn't collect and I don't feel the need for Nick-knacks"  "I like the trim on this photo" "I like the handles on this picture" "I like how they put lights in the top of this cabinet"...

See how annoying it is?

You can see just how annoying I am here...


Houzz is a great, fun, time wasting -- where did the hour go, money wasting -- there goes the retirement cause I've got to have that pool, I like that paint-- lets go to home depot, type of enjoyment!

Do you Houzz?

2 comments:

Brandan & Haylie said...

Loved looking through your idea book! I always thought making "housing" decisions would be fun and while at times it is it is also difficult and stressing. Good luck! Can't wait to see this finished product!!

Ashley said...

I know, it's been hard enough making simple decisions on our current home, but to have to decide everything it may just send me overboard!
Your basement is great! I like how you've done a theater room without it being a "Theater Room" and closed off. We want to do a similar concept in our family room!
Do your kids play wii on the projector screen? I wonder where the sensor bar would go?