Monday, June 4, 2012

Foundation

After the hole was dug, the footings were poured, then the foundation wall forms were set and ready to receive the cement.

At this point I arrived with Erik and was subsequently banned from the job site.



You see...I guess I lack vision and ask too many questions.

I possibly use the wrong phrases like...

"What did you do?"

 and 

"Is it set way too high?" 

and 

"Are you sure this is right?" 

etcetera.

Erik informed me that he does this for a living.

He then told me I couldn't come back to the site until it was done. 

The BEST was when my cute next door neighbor, a family I already ADORE, came up and started asking the same questions I was asking as she was trying to figure it all out. 
It was sort of a confirmation that I was right.


The next day he allowed me back if I promised to be on my best behavior.

He pointed things out once the forms were taken down and it looked a bit more clear.



We will have a "walk out" to the backyard. 

Now it has to set for a good week before the floor is poured and the next stage involving wood begins.

Meanwhile... I need to be picking out windows and moving forward on my selections for the next wave.

Good times!

No comments: