I just refinished a chest that I received recently.
It used to be my great grandmothers, then my grandmother,
then my mom passed it on to me!
The front is curved as are the drawers and cabinet door
but you don't get a feel for the curvature in the photos.
The front is curved as are the drawers and cabinet door
but you don't get a feel for the curvature in the photos.
Unfortunately I realized I didn't snap a shot of it before, so you can only see the after, but I will tell you it was a peachy pink with casters on the bottom and very beat up. Spills and stains, the wood underneath was really pretty, a tiger-y oak and with the bits of white paint still showing up after stripping it I was tempted to leave it as it was, ( McCall wanted it left) but I was thinking about using it for a girls room so I wanted to make it "girl-y", strangely.
Stella wanted it pink again which would be super cute but I decided to go with a more neutral color. White goes with everything so I slapped on some Chalk Paint (I added color on the inside so when you open the drawer you'll get a pop of color) and then got out the sanding sponge and a putty knife.
Often I don't distress enough but I decided to go with a heavier hand, make it sort of a white-washed beach-y looking.
What do you honestly think?
I need to decide before the wax goes on cause I don't want to do that twice.
Is it too distressed?
I can throw another coat on and start anew with my antiquing.
What do you prefer???
No comments:
Post a Comment