So I have mixed feelings about blogging.
Often as bloggers we show pictures of kids at their cutest, we describe life at it's best, and we cut out the real life struggles and hardships we face. Someone reading it could think life is rosy with no perceivable problems in the bloggers life. As women we judge ourselves and compare ourselves with others and it pushes away true discernment of where we are and our standing with God (which is all that matters).
Then there is the time. We can spend an hour looking at the lives of others and that hour is gone, never to return.
As I look back on my blog I fall in love with the stages our family was at. I delight in the things my children did or said and it reminds me (sadly) how fast time has gone. Yet through that sadness I recommit to do more to take advantage of this time with my children. I love the way the blog journals my thoughts and feeling. How I see my growth. OR in hindsight see how I could have done different. This is what I love about blogging.
So after a few weeks - dare I say months - of feeling like I should take a moment to blog I am going to follow that prompting up and start to devote a bit of time to blogging. I will not be a once a day-er; I just don't have that time to sacrifice. I am really trying to make sure I get my personal scripture study in each morning (I did horrible this summer) and right now I have set a chapter a day goal for "Daughters in My Kingdom" M-F so I can read and study it in the next two weeks. So after I accomplish the things I need to do I will try to jot down life and what is happening and how I feel.
For those who want to read along I enjoy the company, the thoughts, the support and kind comments!
4 comments:
I am glad you are back to blogging. Thanks for the email
PS How come you took it off a private blog?
I need to be better about keeping mine updated - it's a fun way to keep track and sort of keep a journal. And I love that I can see what everyone's been up to. It's so fun to stay in touch that way. I hope we can all get together soon :-) I miss all of you!
Welcome back Ashley! I love to stay updated on your family. Blogging is a great way to connect! Miss you!
Post a Comment