Friday, September 30, 2011

House Plans - 1st Draft

So we have the first draft of the plans.

To see the plans click below...







I love feedback:
it's much cheaper to make changes on paper right now.

  • Need to add a sink to the laundry.
  • We will probably remove the closet by the stairway on the main level and open that area into the mud room and then put a landing station counter and cupboard with homework/mail slots over head right by the kitchen and the lockers will be L shape in closet area in the mud room - MAKE ANY SENSE?
  • The basement "theater" room will be a dance/exercises room - the architect just labeled it that way.
  • I don't think we will have such a large kitchen in the basement, maybe put craft/computer stations along the exercise room wall for the kids with some overhead cabinets for storage and maybe some two doored closet storage in the kitchen area so there isn't so much counter/kitchen space.
  • And still debating if we want to have two sinks in one of the girls bathroom or go with one for more counter space.
  • We are also going to have a standing shower in one of the two girl bathrooms and not a tub - but haven't decided which. At first I thought the one with the two sinks cause I think that bath will get used more but the one without a window would be ideal for a large shower.
  • My walk in closet is simply ridiculous but secretly I love it.
  • I think I'll throw in a linen closet in the master bath cause the sink side is something like six feet long I think, plenty of counter space so maybe make a closet by the master closet?
  • I wish the upstairs bedroom which will be an office/craft room was more open to the house. I'd love to be able to see what's going on in the house but I don't want doors off the entry into it cause let's face it...it's always going to be kind of a mess!
  • Still working on the exterior style. If I had my dream house it would be modern or at least contemporary, it would be in the foothills with a fabulous view and I wouldn't need blinds, just floor to ceiling windows (we'll maybe some window coverings in bedrooms but you get what I mean). But I like lots of other styles like that uber tall home on the south west corner from the AF Temple going down Mary Pulley Drive(900 East). Love that one.
Kitchen Inspirations:

As you can see I love white cabinets but I can't decide if I want all white or if I want to go with a wood color island to break it up. What do you think?

You can click on the picture to show the full size.




    Master Bathroom:

    This floor is gorgeous!
    I haven't decided on the towers flanking each sink or one in the center. Problem is this: We share our toothbrush charger and it would be nice in the center so we can both access it but I like the openness of having the towers to the sides. I guess if I do the side ones I could just get another base or charger thing for the toothbrushes - it would probably help our marriage as I never clean mine off well enough and Erik thinks it's gross when a little pool of water and paste drips onto the base of the charger from my toothbrush. 

    (I do rinse mine off after brushing but unless you remove the little brush end and rinse it thoroughly, some of the paste and dare I say saliva, gets caught up inside and slowly drips down the side of the electric brush forming a happy little half circle smile of residue on the counter or more regretfully the base of the charger.) 

    Now, Erik on the other hand removes his end, rinses it THOROUGHLY, wipes the whole entire thing towel dry, then places it back in the little storage container in the charger base. WAY to much work I say.

    Wow! I really should just buy another base as I've already got myself all worked up about this.

    COOL STORAGE:
    Check out all these cool under stairway uses. Like I said Erik better hurry up and build because the longer it takes the more "cool ideas" I get = "expensive" it gets.




Mud Room:



Exactly what I want for the mudroom, LOVE the drawers for shoes.
Can't decide if we should have doors or not on the lockers.

Entry Flooring:


L-O-V-E this!!!
I wonder how much marble tiles are?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay!! You're blogging again! :)

Ok, so I probably have too much to say on this, but you said input is welcome so here you go!

In your girls' bathroom, do two sinks instead more counter space. Lauren and I are constantly waiting on one another in our bathroom when we're getting ready. It would be soooo nice to have two different areas. I know, we should be ok with being patient and sharing, but if given the choice I'd pick two.

I like the second kitchen best, but the third kitchen makes me think "Aunt Ashley" the most.

You should do curtains on the lockers in the mudroom. You can still "hide" what's inside, but you'll also avoid smashed fingers in cabinet doors when the girls are in a hurry. Plus, more design variety and color with fabric!

I love love love the idea of a seating area underneath stairs!! I can just see awesome imaginative ways that little girls could play there, and a little Peterson girl curled up inside reading a book or something. So cute.

You may have already thought this through, but have a "teenager" space. I know your girls are young, but I'm assuming you'll be in this house for a good while. I love having friends over to my house with my parents home because it is the easiest situation to make good choices around my friends, but we don't really have a good "hang out" place in our house. It definitely shouldn't be a totally closed off area, but enough that younger siblings won't disturb excessively.

I miss you guys!! Love you all!
-Jess