It's about time I worked on Claire's quilt. I have picked out the majority of the fabric, pinks for the sides, back, flowers; and greens for the centers and leaves. (See McCall's/Elizabeth's quilts above.) Now I need to decide which color to add, I can go with pinks&yellows OR pinks&blues OR I could probably do pink, yellow and blue if you like that. It sort of comes down to placement of colors.
Claire's Choices...
Pinks with Blues
Pinks with Yellows
I would use a variety of fabrics so I would have 2 roses per fabric (give or take). Among the pinks I'd have darker and lighter pinks, see above choices.
These are not molecular graphs...just a few combinations I could use, if one jumps out at you let me know otherwise I'm most interested in color help as I'm running out of spring/summer fabric options soon.
SO HOW WILL AMERICA VOTE?
(I think that's what they say on American Idol??? I really don't do the A.I. thing.)
9 comments:
Wow, you are so awesome. I can't believe you are a quilter. My Mom is one too, and is GOOD. So personally, I love a little blue with the pinks, but both look lovely.
You are so talented!! Just curious, do you hire out this talent?
I like any combo. If you're going for something different I'd do pink & yellows because Elizabeth's quilt has blue in it already. Ask yourself this...do you like Claire to wear more yellow or more blue? Good luck with your decision. I would love to see it when finished.
Both are cute, but I love the pink/yellow combo. I know anything you make will be beautiful! Good luck!
I agree with Cheryl. I love the Pink/Yellow combo. I am so impressed with your talents. I wish I could make quilts! You won't go wrong with either choice. Thanks for sharing!
I vote Pink and Yellow. I am so jealous of your ability to make such beautiful quilts. My friend works at the Cotton shop in Provo and made a beautiful one for Kennidee. I am so not talented like that. You need to post it when you are done.
I wish I knew how to quilt! But just for color schemes, I'd go for pale pink, light greens and yellows (pale/pastel colors), if I knew how to quilt those would be my colors. Good luck!
I vote yellow and pink. Do they use these amazing quilts? I think I would frame something like that if I spent all the time on it.
My vote is for yellow. My whole room was yellow when I was little. Mandy's was Pink, Lissa's was blue and I was yellow. So I think I'm a little biased. :)
I'm a fan of the blue...I'm different from the rest of the group it looks like. Let me know what you go with!
Post a Comment