Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Baptism

Saturday may have been a cold and rainy day, but it could not have been better. I was doing fine until McCall came out of her room after having prayed alone to ask Heavenly Father if this was the right thing to do. She came out with little tears welling up in her bright eyes and told me that it was right and that Heavenly Father loved her.

That set me off and then when Erik asked me to say our morning prayer before heading out to the church I again choked up. Typically, I try to keep my tears in check but this morning Mom was such a gush!


Everything turned out wonderful ... I wouldn't change a thing. McCall sang "When I am Baptised" and it was so beautiful to hear her sweet voice singing while dressed in her white baptisimal clothing.

When I am Baptised


I like to look for rainbows whenever there is rain,
And ponder on the beauty of an Earth made clean again.

I want my life to be as clean as Earth right after rain,
I want to be the best I can, and live with God again.

I know when I am baptised my wrongs are washed away,
And I can be forgiving and improve myself each day.

I want my life to be as clean as Earth right after rain,
I want to be the best I can, and live with God again.




I gave a talk on baptism and McCall's cousin, Samantha, who is a little over 9, gave a wonderful talk about the Holy Ghost. She did and awesome job! Erik did great at the baptism other than McCall said he didn't wait for her to plug her nose -- "but that was OK". The confirmation and subsequent blessing was beautiful. We all know McCall is a choice spirit and this day just confirmed it.
Afterward we just gathered at our house for some muffins and fresh fruit and juice. (Nothing too extravagant -- we wanted the focus on the event of the baptism.) She recieved some special gifts from family to remember the day.
As I stated in my talk from the words of Joseph Smith...by chosing to be baptised she has planeted a seed... She has told Heavenly Father that she will have faith and try the expirement. And from the mouth of Alma...As she nurishes that seed it will beging to sprout and grow and that seed will grow firm and strong and one day produce fruit which is white above all that is white...



We are so happy with McCall's choice and for the good things she is doing in her life. She is becoming such a powerful influence in the lives of others and I can tell she will be a strong positive influence in the restored gospel of Jesus Christ... one day to be recieved into the loving arms of our Savior - who will reward her for eternity for her diligence and faith.



5 comments:

Brandan & Haylie said...

Thanks for letting me share McCall's special day. I've enjoyed pondering memories of my own baptism each time that I have attended a baptism for Activity Days.

The pictures you took of McCall are beautiful. She is such a beauty! Where did you go?

Sarah Lunt said...

What an amazing day! She looks so beautiful in her white dress. I'm looking forward to the day that our first gets baptized.

Julie said...

Oh how I wish our famiy could have been at McCall's baptism! This is the hard part about living so far away. I'm so glad that it was such a great experience. Congratulations! The pictures are beautiful.

Julie

Erin said...

How completely wonderful!

Emily said...

Can you believe she has been baptised! Ethan's is coming up and I just can't fathom it. Our kido's are growning up. I love her pictures she is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing.