Monday, November 3, 2008

Falling Back

I love the fall but I've never really liked the fact that we lose daylight, and when the time changes we lose our evening light. (I personally hate driving home from McCall's dance when it's dark out.)

But on mornings like today, I enjoy the change. The kids were all in bed and ASLEEP last night by 8pm. Which meant, Erik and I were in bed at 9, asleep by 10pm.

This morning without the usual drudgery I was up reading scriptures and enjoying my "me time". When McCall was awake I already had a jump on things. Beds were made, children dressed, pancakes cooking, violin practiced, faces washed, teeth brushed, breakfast cleaned up, family prayer said, and still time to chat and give a little extra time for some loves before seeing McCall out the door. Elizabeth and Claire waving and yelling to McCall as she walked with neighbors down the street.

So... before heading up to spend some time with some treasured storybooks, I thought I'd jot down some of these feelings, hopefully I'll be able to continue this morning energy and schedule for the next few months!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Way to go Ashley! You are such a beautiful person. You are doing all of the important stuff. I really enjoyed the extra hour of sleep, and taking the kids to school in the light of day. It's always so fun to read through your blog!

Love, Julie

Emily said...

I love those things as well...we have been having some good mornings too. But like you said hopefully it lasts!