Thanks to my cute Dad for coming over and helping me peel, core, slice, grind, heat, bottle, cap, boil...41 bottles of applesauce. It would have taken me three days to do the work we did in one. THANKS DAD! My legs & feet are so soar, so I know he must be feeling it too. I am so lucky to have such a great Dad who just jumps in and helps out whenever, wherever he can. He's the first to grab a baby from the parents and carry him/her around -- especially when parents and baby are fussy. He has such a big heart, he is fun to be around, and he is so full of wisdom! I feel so lucky to have him for my Dad, and count him as one of choicest blessings! I'd write more about him but I am running up to see if Erik will massage my feel before bed...most likely while enjoying a mug of ice cream!!


6 comments:
Holy Moly that's a lot of applesauce.
That is a lot of applesauce! I have a really wonderful dad just like you. We truly are blessed!!!!!
Oh thank you Ashley! I know I'm the dark-haired little kid wearing only black tights and a black shirt in that picture with Grandpa! What was my mom thinking?!Congrats on all the canning though! I agree that Grandpa is a great man. He deserves a lot more praise than he gets a lot of the time though. Anyway, I love looking at your blog! -Jess
Ok...that was a little confusing to see my picture with Jessica's comment. I can see that she is confused about the picture.Is it Aiden and Claire?
Your dad is the best. He has helped all of us so, so much. What a great example of work. I wish he had the time to come help me bottle some fruit in TN.
Julie
Great job! That just might last you two years...that is what you were aiming for right?! I'm going to attempt applesauce later this week...wish me luck!
The picture is of McCall and Henry on Halloween! :-)
Post a Comment