What I love about this time of year is not something you may commonly associate with the season. We always had an orange in the toe of our stocking. We often had wedges cut at breakfast or in our lunch bag. (I never ate school lunch - I always brought one from home). Oranges were a real treat back in the day and it's sad we've gone away from that. Now we have high octane sugar filled sweets in every shape and size flooding bowls and jars in the kitchen!
I love getting a case of oranges and enjoying their sweetness for days. At our house we especially enjoy tangerines. At Costco I pick up a bag or two of them. They are the perfect size for little hands and even Stella at 2 yrs is well skilled in peeling them. I put them out on the counter so they are easy to grab and we fly through them. When I see my girls with sticky juice from the wedge of orange dripping down their chin, it just makes me smile!
WAY better than a bowl of sweets on the counter!
No comments:
Post a Comment