Thursday, December 1, 2011

Callings in the Church

I recall my grandpa from NY having a list of all his church callings and dates. Sometime going through his personal writings and notes I read it. It got me thinking that I should keep a log. Not to say that callings have value. What we do in them has value. 

As it might be interesting to my children or grandchildren someday to see what I did, I thought I'd throw it on here as this is my journal.

Here is what has occupied me the last 11 years or so...

1st - Primary teacher to 5yr olds
2nd - Enrichment leader for Relief Society
3rd - 2nd Counselor in the Primary
4th - Scout Committee Chairperson
5th - 11 year old boys primary & scout leader
6th - Relief Society President

It's been about 2 yrs in relief society, SO FAR... 

OR until I mess things up so grandly it can't be undone. 

OR annoy the pants off the Bishop to the point he releases me. 

OR start teaching false doctrine.

OR we move.

Someone in the ward brought up that the last time we put a for sale sign up Erik was the Elders Quorum President.

Humm... is their a pattern here?

No comments: