Friday, December 16, 2011

Why 4-year-olds don't raise 2-year-olds

Wednesday morning found me sitting at my laptop doing some humanitarian/Relief Society work. As I am sitting on my bed, I can hear Claire and Estelle in their room playing with the dollhouse.

It's cute to listen in on them... mostly, and I love that they like to be under my radar.... if I'm in my room, they are right out the door in theirs; if I'm in the kitchen, they are in the family room; if I'm in my office/craft room, they are in the playroom or in the exercise room; if I'm in the bathroom they are pounding at the door.

Right.

As I sit a top my bed, I hear a thump (someone tripped I suppose, as a second earlier I saw them laying on their tummy's playing on the bottom floor of the dollhouse and I could just catch sight through my door of Claire's legs still lying on the floor in the same position with Stella now on her knees on the opposite side as I saw before). I then hear Stella's annoyed "Clayew!" Obviously Stella took it as Claire's fault that she tripped over Claire's legs.

Before I could interject with my, "It was an accident Stella!" I hear Claire's panic-ed voice of reason...

"No Stella, don't hit! You only hit when someone really hurts you!"

No comments: