Friday, December 2, 2011

This week from the Peterson Home...

Just thought I'd share a couple things from this week which made me smile...


After getting all the girls bathed and dressed I called all of them upstairs to get their hair done. Claire zipped right upstairs. I complimented her on coming when I called the first time and being the first one up.

Claire then responded...

"Yeah! And I didn't even use my magic powers!"


At Target the other evening I just had Claire with me. We wandered past the DVD section. Claire spotted a Barbie Rainbow something or the other and said, "Can we get this movie?" To which I replied, "No."

Most emphatically Claire cried, "Ohhw...but it's the best movie EVER!"

"But you've never seen that movie Claire." I replied.

"Well... I just know it really IS!" she declared.


I was making dinner this evening. (Baked Tilapia, rice and broccoli - if you want to know.) The girls had been at each other for the past hour straight as they picked up and got pajamas on before dinner. Frustrated I tried to occupy them and told the girls to grab a board game or two to play at the kitchen table while I got dinner ready.

What was in the water today?! 

With board games opened they continued to fight over random issues; who gets to set up the game, who gets that piece, who gets to go first, whatever they could argue about this evening they did!

Exhausted, particularly by Elizabeth's whining, I said,

"Elizabeth, if you whine one more time you will go to your room for the rest of the night without any dinner."

Elizabeth paused for a moment considering and said...

"What are we having for dinner?"

No comments: