Thursday, February 23, 2012

Kill

The other day for some reason or another the kids were being really... annoying... for lack of better word. I don't even recall the specifics but Erik had had it and said "If you don't stop it right now I'm going to... I'm going to..."

Now lets back up a little. Over the past few years Momma Bear has been on Daddy Bear about idle threats. "Don't say it if you won't follow up." My husband will threaten to spank them...yet if memory is correct he has yet to ever spank a child... So don't say it.

So back to this day... we are all around waiting for Erik to finish, all eyes expectantly on him as he searches for something to say. Unable to find anything to get the kids in order he decided to make a mockery of it by using something we don't say in our house. He finishes with a smile and dramatic... "or I'll kill you!"

This is then followed with wide eyes and hunched over laughs from the peanut gallery at the table. As busy as shattering blocks in angry birds the girls start to chatter. "Dad said kill!" "Did he say kill?" "He's going to kill us! (laughing)." I heard the word which I don't like being said about 12 times among the girls and Erik as they laughed and giggled. 

Irritated, because as you may remember the girls were being very... ANNOYING... and now my husband was added to the bunch, I firmly said... "How about the next person who says KILL is going to get Tabasco in their mouth!" Knowing fully well that Mom is good on her word the girls all got quiet. Fast.


Except for Elizabeth who with big eyes, as bright as her idea, said...


"Say it Dad, Say it!!!"

No comments: