It is after noon and my two youngest and I are still in pajamas watching Charlotte's Web. (The cartoon one.)
The house is a mess after the weekend as am I.
I have a literal tower of laundry to be done. We brought all the baskets down on Saturday morning to do. I had been gone Thursday and Friday to Clear Creek with my oldest so I had a lot to do with all our winter gear in addition to the regular laundry... but I haven't got to it yet.
Saturday morning Claire started throwing up so I played nurse and laundress to throw up accidents. Thus no time for the clothing. She was sick and throwing up all day and into the night, Each cough sending me drowsily scrambling to her "couch side". I was exhausted all day at church yesterday and believe I was pretty incoherent through out most the meetings.
I went to bed about 10:30pm last night and woke up about 2am to Stella crying and the familiar gag of throwing up.
Her down comforter (which takes about 3 sessions in the dryer to dry without frying the down) was covered along with her pillow, sheets, quilt and her much favored pink ultra soft blanket.
We cleaned her up amid her sweetest words of "sawree" (sorry), man that brown eyed girl is so sweet! We covered the family room couch with towels - which had just been removed Sunday evening from Claire's 48-hour ordeal. We started washing the soiled laundry. After that I got about 10 minute segments of sleep. Every hour or so.
Each time I finally fell asleep I would awake moments after to Stella throwing up. She couldn't seem to get it into the bucket or bowl, so each time I would clean her up, re-towel and blanket her couch, then as she drifted back to sleep I would rinse things out and start another load as the previous was in the dryer. By the time I got everything done and got back to the couch next to Stella the whole thing would repeat. 7am came fast and the girls were up getting ready for school.
The process has continued all day and my washer and dryer have been going since 2am and I still have yet to touch the tower of three large baskets overflowing with clothes + the clothes that are now collecting at the bottom of each closet.
I wish I could take away this sweet things pain but it is sweet seeing sisters who love and care for each other. Once the girls were up and heard Stella throwing up McCall was quick to hold her, comfort her and speak words of gentle kindness. Elizabeth was praying that Stella could not be sick and feel better quick before they left for school and Claire has been concerned with each episode with words like... "I wish she didn't have to be sick." and "I don't want her to feel so, so sick like I was, Mom."
I love how kind the girls are! They have the best little hearts!
No comments:
Post a Comment