(Look at that nice wrinkled duvet cover from targets Rachel Ashwell line. Should have paid more attention to the lack of wrinkle-free on the package. I hate that thing.)
I made the tags large so they are noticeable. It's strange I know, but in our house things need to be noticeable to be noticed -- or they aren't. ???
So part of the girls school year Saturday jobs are to pick out clothes for the week and hang one of these tags on the clothes for that day. Saturday and Sunday labels don't get used as often as the other ones...
1. I don't care about Saturday mornings usually. But if we do have something to get out the door for then it helps to pick it out before.
2.Sunday is done as a group usually.
(I'll tip on Saturday jobs and Sunday groups soon.)
To do this on Saturday it means laundry needs to be done on Friday.
Or Thursday when I know it's a crazy Friday.
Or Wednesday...
Okay... at some point laundry should be done.
So..... if you don't have laundry done then they end up pulling out the ratted and torn jeans. It is ironic for the above photo to fall here, this is not an example of ratted and torn. I paid good money for these to be "distressed".
My dad once offered to wear out my jeans for me when he heard what I paid for some "distressed" jeans.
He's a really nice dad.
Wow, look at the glare on Wednesday's photo. Yuck!The girls know I have ultimate say on outfits and obviously the two little ones assist me as we pick out items.
Ultimate say = a mean mom.
Dear Elizabeth seems to think if you have a brown top you should wear brown pants. Poor thing doesn't understand when I say it doesn't match, "But they are the same color, Mom!" It really doesn't make sense does it?
And then you have McCall. She would wear jeans and t-shirts every day even though at the store she loves and wants to buy the skirt, the blouse, the chic sweater - so mom has to remind her I paid good money cause she LOVED this sweater and she's going to wear it!
So do you want to make these for your kids? You can use my template here.
1. Print on card stock.
2. Hole punch before you laminate.
3. Laminate if you didn't figure that out from step 2.
4. Re hole punch laminate if you didn't figure that out.
5. Put a little ribbon to hang them by.
Side Note: So when I was laminating the lady at the counter started raving about the idea and as I tried to explain I was sick of picking things out the night before or morning of (for my girls), she cut me off and started going off about how nice that would be to make sure you didn't wear the same thing in the next week, yada yada yada. I left wide eyed and slightly embarrassed, for me or her, I am not sure which. She thought all those sets were for me in my closet I guess!
No comments:
Post a Comment