Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Favorite Blogs

I love food. I love good food. I love fresh ingredients. I love good ingredients.

I want quality food. I want to take my time and make things from scratch. And enjoy eating them.

I've never agreed that "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels". I think a stack of oreo's with a glass of milk feels pretty good! OR some molten lava cake on Sunday evening, warm from the oven, with breyer's ice cream melting to the side...that feels really good. I make the best lava cakes. You have to start with good chocolate, and you need to perfect folding. Not the laundry kind.

I digress.

While casseroles and crock pots are fine sometimes, I don't like those dishes very often.

Early on in my marriage I once purchased a box of hamburger helper. Someone told me it was good and I purchased it. That box followed us when we moved to this house. It sat and sat and sat. Finally, when cleaning out the food storage room, I threw it out. It may have been good. I'll never know. I just don't like boxed meals like that. NOT THAT THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH THEM IF YOU DO! Just Sayin'.

I digress.

My friend way back from the good old junior high days has a delightful blog she writes with her sister.

Kara is the happiest, nicest girl. She is simply fab-u-lous!

She also has great taste.

And the things she makes taste great.

I love the intermixing of food and style on her blog.

Go check it out and fall in love...



No comments: