Here are some of my favorites for this year...
DAD/GRANDPA:
To Ben and Kristy -- Looks like you two got duped - I mean Duked!
MOM/GRANDMA:
Who invented this dumb game?
DARIN:
I CAN BE A GOOD LOSER I really can - and I can take the long distance shots from others who are enjoying their time at the top and throw out a little jab in an email....... BUT I CAN NOT live with the strutting, dancing and prancing all night from Jeri and Hannah (wife and daughter) as they tell me how superior they are..
BRENDAN:
Now that I’ve been in the top spot for a couple days and will remain so
at least until Saturday (GO LOUISVILLE AND OHIO ST!), I feel some
relishing and gloating is called for. I know there isn’t an “i” in
team, but there is “m-e.” And for me, it isn’t about the money, but I
can already taste those 10,000 pennies in my mouth.
In addition to thanking the Academy, I’d like to take this opportunity to thank my wife and children, my parents, my siblings (both biological and non-biological), my nieces and nephews, for picking so many non-winners in your brackets. I wouldn’t be here without all of you! I really and truly mean that.
It’s been several tournaments since I’ve been in this position, and I hope this shows the kids out there that you should never give up. I shocked 0.0000003% of the world over the weekend. None of the critics gave me a shot this year, but I silenced them. They said, “Oh Brendan has a runny nose and some congestion to start this tournament, he’s already behind the eight-ball.” It’s true; I was day-to-day throughout the first and second rounds. Triaminic, Musinex and Sudafed didn’t help, but with my back up against the wall, I fought through it like a dog backed into a corner. I may not have had the fancy uniforms this year, but I gave my bracket 110%. Having the cold might have pushed me closer to 111%. You just can’t say enough about me and the effort I’ve made with my bracket. I really picked my guts out this year.
So you don’t get the wrong idea about competitions, it doesn’t matter if you win or lose, just go out there and have fun, and I’m having fun—a lot of fun. Don’t get caught up in the past or worry about the future, all you have is the present—and presently, I have more points than anyone else.
I’ll be here (in first place) all week.
Love me,
Brendan
In addition to thanking the Academy, I’d like to take this opportunity to thank my wife and children, my parents, my siblings (both biological and non-biological), my nieces and nephews, for picking so many non-winners in your brackets. I wouldn’t be here without all of you! I really and truly mean that.
It’s been several tournaments since I’ve been in this position, and I hope this shows the kids out there that you should never give up. I shocked 0.0000003% of the world over the weekend. None of the critics gave me a shot this year, but I silenced them. They said, “Oh Brendan has a runny nose and some congestion to start this tournament, he’s already behind the eight-ball.” It’s true; I was day-to-day throughout the first and second rounds. Triaminic, Musinex and Sudafed didn’t help, but with my back up against the wall, I fought through it like a dog backed into a corner. I may not have had the fancy uniforms this year, but I gave my bracket 110%. Having the cold might have pushed me closer to 111%. You just can’t say enough about me and the effort I’ve made with my bracket. I really picked my guts out this year.
So you don’t get the wrong idea about competitions, it doesn’t matter if you win or lose, just go out there and have fun, and I’m having fun—a lot of fun. Don’t get caught up in the past or worry about the future, all you have is the present—and presently, I have more points than anyone else.
I’ll be here (in first place) all week.
Love me,
Brendan
Ashley adds to the above horrible definition of the word GLOAT by Brendan:
If Brendan wins - which he will not (has N.C. to win it all poor soul) - but if he did win I would personally go to the bank and pick up the $100 prize in penny rolls to equal 10,000 pennies and deliver it to him... personally. In fact I would be DELIGHTED to! I am, if anything, about service to others.
BROCK: (not only is he a storyteller he is also prophetic)
Once upon a time, there were four loud, ugly stepsisters--let's call them Michael, Graydon, Grandpa, and
(for purposes of this story) Ashley. They had each come to
the big dance wearing their finest dress, lipstick, and
false eyelashes. As midnight fast approached, each was
scrambling for a spot at the center of the ballroom hoping
for the final waltz with none other than Prince Charming.
Let's call him Kentucky.
Also at the big dance, there were two gentle, unassuming
beauties watching the festivities from just beyond the
spotlight. Let's call them Jessica and Cheryl. Although
these two maidens had also pinned their hopes on the
bluegrass wonder, their happily ever after was about to be
fulfilled much sooner than anyone expected.
At that moment, the grand clock above the grand staircase
suddenly struck 11:00 (let's call it this Saturday). In a
flash, a strapping, handsome young lad (we'll call him
Kansas) came thundering down the steps of the grand
staircase on a glistening white stallion, charged to the
spot where the two blushing lasses stood, whisked each of
them into the saddle, and bolted through the balcony doors
and off into the moonlit night.
The chaos back in the ballroom was punctuated by the pitiful
spectacle of the stepsisters weeping, wailing, and gnashing
their teeth--screaming that Prince Charming (and each of
them) had been robbed of the final dance at midnight.
But alas, no one, not even Prince Charming on the fastest
thoroughbred at Churchill Downs could catch the maidens
after the Jayhawk vanquishing. The moral of the story: Ohio
State HAS to win if you're an ugly stepsister.
On behalf of all the mice and rats at the bottom, GO
KANSAS!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment