Friday, March 23, 2012

Parking Spots

After a few years of owning a vehicle I get an itching to switch things up. I have loved my Yukon albeit I sure wish I would have got an Extra Long as when we load in all the kids there is not much room for luggage, strollers, golf clubs or whatever else we might be traveling with. But a Yakima rack has solved that and I like the regular body for driving around town and parking. Actually I guess I wouldn't want the XL as I'd really like to go with something smaller cause the big old Yukon well it is the big old Yukon... even though it holds all the kiddo's well and pulls the boat and toys and all.

Anyhoo... lately, and maybe it's just a spring thing... or maybe my love affair with the BBC show TOP GEAR which I indulge in at night when the kids are in bed asleep and Erik is trying to be so... but the TV's on so he can't... ech ech echm... SO lately, I've sort of been eye-ing new cars.

But then I pull up to Costco and have that prime spot right up front.

Problem is... there is a shopping cart at the front or just to the side left by some lazy, selfish person... and I sort of need to move it to pull all the way forward in the spot.

















Actually there is no problem!

Having a vehicle a couple years old is great cause I can just drive right in and nudge that cart just slightly to the front of the space and not feel bad or lazy or any of those words which Erik would lovingly use to describe me. (Of course I do it for safety so I don't have to get out and move it with my car running and a kid or two inside.)

Right. 


It's moments like this that I remember why I love my car so much!

No comments: