Friday, March 2, 2012

Just plastic

I have been looking for some large food storage bins for the pantry in our new house, after passing up some good one's at Costco a year ago (which I am still kicking myself for). I wanted large bins, easy to open and get into which I can store flour, sugar, and rice, maybe beans but I don't go through those as often as the other three staples. 

I have been looking around and found these...


They are from Rubbermaid. They have rollers on the bottom so they can slide out nicely, clear lids to see inside and a scoop stored conveniently in the top. 

Perfect aren't they. 

I love them.

Until...

I looked at the blasted price...

29.2" x 13" x 28" Rubbermaid® Slant Front Ingredient Bins $303.33
29.5" x 15" x 28" Rubbermaid® Slant Front Ingredient Bins $320.00
29.8" x 18" x 28" Rubbermaid® Slant Front Ingredient Bins $325.00

(Actually found a cheaper seller at $203/$249/$311 for them - great savings!)

I checked to make sure that this wasn't for a set of 6 or something, no this is per bin!!!
I mean they are just heavy duty trash cans with special lids.

COME ON! 

It's just plastic!

2 comments:

Amy C. said...

Ashley, I know its not what you are looking for but at Cal Ranch they have some simular to these ...labeled for dog food :) I think they were only around $10

Ashley said...

I'll have to look, I found some probably similar to what you are describing that were in the $30-40 range. I emailed the manufacturer and they said they were food grade plastic and fine form human use so those might work. Thanks! I just get so sick of filling my small bin of rice every week!