I took many community courses when I was young, classes in junior high and in high school.
I never pursued anything, cause to tell you the truth, I wanted to hang out with my friends more than pursue any specific talent.
So now I am left with loving art but in a different way.
I love to look at and appreciate art.
When Erik and I first met and before we had any children, we were able to make a few trips back to New York City to visit his Dad and Sabine. They lived on a narrow strip of land at the beginning of Long Island called Far Rockaway's. We loved the city life. We hit as many big museums as we could, the Met, Guggenheim, Frick, Cloisters among others.
Hours spend walking and enjoying art. And talking. I think that was the best part. We could discuss works of art together which would transcend into ideas, hopes, dreams, philosophy, religion - LIFE. I think that's what made us such good friends.
I saw this piece on a blog and think it is just wonderful.
The artist Yayoi Kusama started with a blank canvas.
Kusama then met with children and introduced them to dot stickers.


Over the course of two weeks she invited children to collaborate in the transformation of the space.
Two weeks and thousands of stickers...
The grouping of dots in this last picture brings so many different thoughts and emotions in me.
The layers. The process. The stages of stickerdom. Thought and emotions as each child placed his or her stickers.
Civilization - building upon and over another's work.
Kind of makes me want to go to Brisbane to see it in person.








No comments:
Post a Comment