I love my husband.
I love my husband.
I love my husband.
But he has this jacket that drives me nuts.
He paid good money for it and by golf standards it's a nice enough pullover jacket.
I don't mind it on - it looks nice. No, better than nice... to quote Elizabeth "Dad looks hot!" I told her she can't say that, only me, but she just grinned.
Ahem... Back to the aforementioned jacket.
When that thing goes in the washer I curse the day it entered my home.
Why? How? How can one jacket drive someone to such teeth clenching fury?
This.
It has Velcro sleeves at the wrist.
What?
Background.
I usually throw nylons and my girls dance tights in with the medium darks. See, I have a home of six, five of them being girls and a husband who could very well count as one as he cannot wear anything the least bit dirty, we can discuss that later... SO we have enough laundry to have it's very own category called medium darks. I put these nylons and dance tights in with the medium darks because they stand out so when they go to the dry cycle I actually see them and pull them out and hang them to dry. If I wash them with the medium lights or lights they just get camouflaged and then get dried and in my opinion there is nothing worse then seeing McCall or Elizabeth in balled up, dryer fried nylons & tights.
Right.
So when the stars and planets align and this medium dark jacket is being washed with nylons or dance tights those darn Velcro tabs on the wrist snag the nylons and tights (along with any other string, seam or hook-able item). I then pull out from the wash that tangled mess and grit my teeth and curse (like dang and darn) that blasted jacket and the good husband who brought it into our home.
Now, I could train the good husband to turn the jacket inside out when he takes it off but then I am just as liable for missing it when I load the washer so I can't really complain about him...
Right?
Maybe that jacket will just disappear?
No comments:
Post a Comment