Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tuesday Tip: Cleaning Schedule

I think I mentioned this when I posted my kids weekly jobs and responsibilities here. I have a schedule which I try to use for my weekly cleaning.

Let me just clarify the word TRY.

Best effort. Yes.

Do it every/always/never miss a day. No.

Life is busy and by no means do I always complete this each day of the week. But the way this is set up that's okay, cause you can just get it the next week, so no sweat.

And some weeks I have to do a bigger cleaning on one day in the week and then do my quick touch-ups in the morning. I guess I could give you that run down. Later.

This schedule just helps me know what to start in the morning rather than running around like my head is cut off.

Which I do sometimes.

Occasionally... Erik comes home to every room torn apart throughout the house. He asks what happened and then I stop and realize what a mess every room is in because I didn't finish one thing I started. Erik then quietly opens the fridge and pulls out something to make for dinner.

THAT is why I try to stick with this schedule.

It's better on a marriage.

Right.

Let me also clarify that I am a big fan of cleaning wipes. They are a bit pricier than a spray bottle and rag but man, I just tug one out and bam... counter and sink are clean, one more tug? Toilet and seat are clean.

Let me interject here.

You could have just pictured me cleaning the toilet and then smearing all those yucky germs across the seat. NO NO NO... let me clarify, I always start my toilet by wiping the handle, then the cover, then the top of the seat, then under and last the actual porcelain throne rim and front. The innards get the usual cleaning with cleanser and toilet brush.

Didn't want anyone worrying next time they come over and have to use the loo.

Right. Again.

Wipes, Swiffer dusters, merry maids, whatever makes cleaning easier I say do it.

Rather than annoy the pants of you anymore with my ramblings, why don't I just give you the link to see the schedule and print it if you are so inclined, or use the info to spur your own dreams of sparkling toilet bowls and glistening floors.

Ashley's Cleaning Schedule

My schedule sits on the side of my fridge, until we re-did the kitchen and now it's just tucked in with my recipe books and I pull it out.  But this would be great taped in a cabinet door in the kitchen/pantry or laundry or your cleaning closet door, anywhere you can open it up to view easily.

And if it's unclear, which is pretty likely coming from me, when you see the 1st and 2nd etc. it's a rotation. I use it for the week in the month. Jobs like blinds and windows or washing duvets don't have to be done each week. So I rotate those jobs and do as needed.

Happy Cleaning!

No comments: