Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Why I should be living on a farm

To finish off my thought from this post...

One lazy Sunday afternoon I wandered across a blog and fell in love with an idea.

The lot we purchased is a little under a half acre and very deep so we have some room.

Room to do some fun things.


Here, my cute hubby Erik, would debate the definition of "fun".

He needs to work on that.


Right.


I am always looking out for the welfare of our family so I came up with a great idea.


What would be better then to get CHICKENS?


We could be provident and self-reliant, we could teach work skills and values to the children.

I mean look at these guys...
















And these adults...

that last one already has my heart...






































I could picture the girls outside gathering eggs while chickens peck the ground...

wearing sundresses and aprons, of course!



The girls NOT the chickens.




Right.




The chickens would be the best pesticide and fertilizer EVER!

We'd have fresh eggs ANYTIME we want.

We could drop a handful of eggs off to the neighbors each week, in a cute little basket,

a basket with a cute ribbon tied on the side?

Really - we need to be good neighbors right?

It would totally save money.


I mean, really it's a WIN-WIN.


They would need a place to stay which wouldn't offend the neighbors.

I had in mind something like this...

















Seriously this is like the Grand America of chicken coops. Who wouldn't like this in their back yard?

Doesn't it sound like a great idea?


BUT ERIK JUST WON'T GO FOR IT!

1 comment:

Amy C. said...

We have chickens ...4 of them. They are smelly. But I do love having eggs -especially since we live so far from the store. & my hubby did make an amazing coup. It is called the chicken condo.